Thursday, August 14, 2014

Tonya 6/26/14

This was Tonya's wedding cake Friday night. They were doing a red neck thing - hence the pick-up on the grooms cake throwing mud on the wedding cakes.

Saturday when I went to deliver the cake, it fell over in the back of my car. I turned around and went home and literally rebuilt the cake in less than an hour. Because layer #3 fell apart it became a 3 layer cake. However, this provided an opportunity for the bride and groom, that I made out of fondant, to sit on the cake.  ( there wasn't room enough for them before!) I don't mind telling you that I make mistakes!  Fortunately this was my daughters cake so I knew she would not be upset that something went wrong. And as my mother said the real talent is being able to fix your mistakes without anyone knowing you goofed up.

Tonya was using all the colors in the rainbow for a happy cheery wedding. She was expecting a white wedding cake. I surprised her by making the inside of the cake tie-dyed colors.
Had to do something creative for the grooms cake so I did chocolate and white checkerboard. It was a lot of work but it was fun to surprise the kids.

When I cut the cake the table looked like a rainbow exploded on the table!



No comments:

Post a Comment